THE HEATHMAN HOTEL
Evening Library Social!
All guests are invited to attend the Library Social Monday-Thursday evenings from 5-7PM. The Library Curator will be present to give personal tours and to serve complimentary local wine from Boedecker Cellars, an urban winery in Northwest Portland. Join us in the Mezzanine Library for a relaxing reading atmosphere and even check out a book to take back to your room!
Books by your Bedside Package!
Before you head out to the main library in Downtown Portland Oregon, check out the unique hotel library in the Heathman! The Heathman Hotel has one of the only cataloged hotel libraries in the country, with over 2,000 books in our Library. With our Books by your Bedside Package added to your room package, you can cozy up for an evening of relaxation and reading in your luxury room or suite. This imaginative and delightful experience lets you escape to a world of drama, action, comedy or romance while enjoying a book written by an author that has stayed at our hotel!
- For $60 our Books by your Bedside Package includes:
- A Current Hard Cover Edition of a book by one of our most recent guest authors
- Professional Travel Reading Light
- Literary Bookmark(s)
- Official Powell's Walking Map
- Donation of $15 to SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) or Literary Arts of Oregon
- A personal tour of our unique cataloged library
- Overnight lending privileges for stays of two nights or more
David Shields visited the Heathman Hotel less than a month ago to participate in an event at Powell's and we were lucky enough to have him sign his latest work, Salinger, while he was here! In the eight years since Salinger was begun, and especially in the three years since J.D. Salinger's death, the authors interviewed more than 200 people, many of whom had previously refused to go on the record about their relationship with Salinger.
Shields, David and Salerno, Shane